Sunday, July 15, 2012

IF runs deep

"She grew up good, She grew up slow... like American Honey"

There is no doubt in my mind that Lady Antebellum sings this song just for me. Well, me and one other thing... 
my hometown. A.K.A. Idaho Falls, Idaho
 A.K.A. IF.
It's like the song's a tribute, specifically for the magic that goes on between me and that place, depicting all of my childhood dreams :)
click here to listen to it's loveliness.
       Everything about it perfectly describes what my hometown does for me. It captivates all the ways IF lives inside of me, and who I am now because of it. And every time I go back, it's just like when she sings:

"There's a wild, wild whisper blowing in the wind, calling out my name like a long lost friend. Oh I miss those days as the years go by..."

I hear it every time.
        Nothing makes me happier than just standing on that hill where my old house sits. Or dangling my legs over the edge of that old bridge by my baby brother's grave. And The sunlight. The sunlight in Idaho Falls is one of those things that no camera can even capture. And it's something you can't force yourself to see. Because if you try, you'll never find it. It just comes to you when you're ready for it. And when it finds you, you'll know why I'm so crazy about it. Just Like that song again:

 "Nothing's sweeter than summer time..."

Yeah, no kidding. Cause I haven't even talked about winter in IF. Winter can be.... pretty bitter. But emphasis on the PRETTY :) It's always a winter wonder land; white Christmas every year. Those kids never get bored. I sure didn't.

"Oh, I just want to go back in time..."

All the time.
But I have to remind myself that little girl is still here in my heart, and so is IF.
It's like in that Chevy commercial... if you changed it from
 "Chevy runs deep" to "IF runs deep",
 you'd be spot on.
I'll never forget all those good times.. But I'm ready for some new adventures. Life is FAR from over. It's pretty much just getting started for that matter; there must be tons of new stuff headin my way.
I'm excited, but also kind of scared.
 Snapshot_20120624_22

"Couldn't wait to get going, but wasn't quite ready to leave"
...yep, couldn't have said it better myself.
I'm unsure of everything I'll be up against. But there is one thing I AM sure of, and that is:
 IF runs deep.
 I don't have to leave in the first place. My childhood dreams live inside of me, and if it wasn't for IF, I wouldn't have 'em. And if it wasn't for those memories, that little girl wouldn't be the same. And if she wasn't, I wouldn't be me. But she is, and I am so so thankful for that. She's here. No matter what I take on in life, I can always go back to American Honey... er.. little Brookie.


No comments:

Post a Comment